A SHORT HISTORY OF LOVEJOY WHARF
From submarine signals…
Constructed in 1907, the building where Alcove resides was first home to the Submarine Signal Company which was acquired by Raytheon after World War II.
Photo credit: The Subchaser Archives.
…to Schrafft’s storage…
Until the 1980’s, the space served as cold storage for Schrafft’s Candy Company whose factory was located just down the street in Charlestown.
Photo credit: Shopping Days in Retro Boston.
…to Converse, condos and more!
Now known as Lovejoy Wharf, the area has been reinvigorated by real estate firm Related Beal with dynamic corporate, residential and leisure offerings. Robert A.M. Stern Architects designed Lovejoy Wharf to pay homage to Boston’s historic architecture and waterfront heritage.